MIL wants a rollerball pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

refueler1

Hey all, need some advise on what model rollerball kit I should try to make for my M-I-L. I have never made one of these kits before. She like to use her Mont Blanc pen but she says it is messy to use and would like a rollerball. Which model out there do you guys suggest I try?? And also provide any tips along with your suggestion for that particular pen. Thanks guys.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

A Baron would give you quite a few choices of kit platings. Either a Jr. Gent or Statesmans would be good too. They can cost you a little more.

I would suggest throwing out the Hauser refill that comes with them and get a quality Schmidt or another. Some of the members here have or had some for sale.

That is if you like her.

M

monkeynutz

One of the wider-body kits would give you more room for explosives... ;)

redfishsc

Ditto on the kits with Hausers. Use the Hauser to mix your epoxy for gluing your tubes, not for writing with.

Most ladies that want a rollerball either pick the Baron, Sedona (both from Arizona Silhouette), or the "Zen" with the magnetic cap (my personal favorite though I refuse to call it a "zen").

I recommend against the Jr Gent for one reason ONLY for ladies: the Baron looks identical but is smaller and more "small hand friendly". Otherwise the Jr Gent is a fine pen, just a bit bigger and bulkier.

stolicky

I made my MIL a Sterling Silver Sedona using the Persian Turquoise true stone, both from AS. She really liked it.

The only thing about the stone is that it makes a fairly heavy pen.

Good luck.

M

monkeynutz

I made my MIL a pen. Figured it would be a good way to hide the body. She checked pretty bad on the ends when I put her up to dry...

Top Bottom