This might be a stupid question....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I won a beautiful hand painted pen blank from MAPG as a door prize and it is for a 'gentleman' pen. Is there such a thing? Or is there just the jr. gent??? I don't want to order the wrong components (we don't say kits!! lol) FYI: the clear cast has 'gentleman' imprinted on it but only finding jr. gents on psi, woodcraft, etc.

Michelle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

I won a beautiful hand painted pen blank from MAPG as a door prize and it is for a 'gentleman' pen. Is there such a thing? Or is there just the jr. gent??? I don't want to order the wrong components (we don't say kits!! lol) FYI: the clear cast has 'gentleman' imprinted on it but only finding jr. gents on psi, woodcraft, etc.

Michelle

Michelle,

Check the tube size and reference that to the bushings and tubes spreadsheet in the library.

CSUSA has a full sized GENT.

Without knowing the tube size, anything is possible......

Sylvanite

The CSUSA Jr. Gent II, Jr. Statesman, and Jr. Emperor are all the same size (use the same tubes). The Gent, Statesman, and Emperor are larger pens (and use the same tubes as each other, which are different than the Jr. series tubes). Check out http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/statesman-vs-jr-statesman-52860/. The Gent and Statesman are the same except for ornamentation.

Regards,
Eric

rblakemore

What is a gentleman's pen?

I suggest that a "gentleman's" pen will be any pen that is a little large, looks very professional, and has some level of "stately" ornamentation; but, is not too overly ornate. To me, this would include the Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, or the Jr. Majestic. The large version of each could also be considered; but, may be too large. The Cambridge, Emperor, etc., cold be too large. I like the Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, and Jr. Majestic a lot.

dexter0606

I suggest that a "gentleman's" pen will be any pen that is a little large, looks very professional, and has some level of "stately" ornamentation; but, is not too overly ornate. To me, this would include the Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, or the Jr. Majestic. The large version of each could also be considered; but, may be too large. The Cambridge, Emperor, etc., cold be too large. I like the Jr. Gent, Jr. Statesman, and Jr. Majestic a lot.

The blank is cast with a tube in it so the choices are limited to the tube that's there

If at anytime since you won this blank and you drop it on the ground it "may" be used for the fog pith. I not sure you may need to get a ruling on that but I good with it.

Curly

Marla does the casting for Jesse and the "GENTLEMEN" is for the big pens like the Gentleman, Statesman etc. The blanks with "JR SERIES" on them are for the smaller pens like the Jr Gent, Jr Majestic and so on.

Top Bottom