MicroMesh

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyGreasy

I have about a hundred or so pens done with my micromesh. I think its lost alot of its sanding ability. Someone said that this stuff lasts forever but.. I have sanded brass and aluminum lots of hardwood pens and plastics. The upper grits look smooth and have probably melted or just worn down. I am not so much the rookie anymore and I realize that the damage was probably done early when I would put alot of pressure on the pad. The brass and aluminum probably didnt help since it heats up fast.
Who has a good deal on MicroMesh. I promise I will use a light touch, do the plastics with water, clean it after each use and not burn it by holding it in one place for too long. And not let the dog chew on the 1500 grit again.

Any good deals on MicroMesh and any advise on dos and donts would be helpfull. Though I have allready found alot of donts. Thanks

Greasy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

write-n-style

http://www.woodchipshome.com/
Great prices. Service is exceelent
Get the 6x12 sheets and cut your own

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Easy, as you have learned, micro mesh lasts a long time, but certainly not forever. When you switch to a new piece of micro mesh, this point is made dramatically. Charles at WoodChips has the best price. I cut mine into 1 inch strips, and number the grits 1-9 for easy reference.

FWIW,

Dario

What everyone said.

I also cut mine to abut 1" strip and mark them on the back 1-9 with a permamnent marker.

It is nice to have 2 sets alternating so you will have another ready when the other is being washed or drying [;)]

Another don't...don't use it if the finish is not yet fully cured. I did this and messed/clogged my first set. Common culprit for me is sanding sealer.

Jerryconn

Originally posted by Dario
<br />What everyone said.

I also cut mine to abut 1" strip and mark them on the back 1-9 with a permamnent marker.

It is nice to have 2 sets alternating so you will have another ready when the other is being washed or drying [;)]

Another don't...don't use it if the finish is not yet fully cured. I did this and messed/clogged my first set. Common culprit for me is sanding sealer.
Ditto what Dario said especially the part about the finish [:I]
Except I use mine in 3"X6" sizes and use the foam block that came with my set.

Jerryconn

Originally posted by kenwc
<br />This foam block that comes with the MM. Is it provided to be a backing for the MM?

It is, I think it helps in sanding with even pressure over a larger surface, but then there are time you don't want to do that, for example with beads.

angboy

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />The last that I checked internationalviolin.com had the best deal on MM. They also have a few other things that I like.

Wayne

SO they have other stuff for pens? What kinds of things? I'm always up for more shopping, but I guess when I was there I didn't even explore, figuring they wouldn't really have much I could use.

Dario

Originally posted by wayneis
<br />The last that I checked internationalviolin.com had the best deal on MM. They also have a few other things that I like.

Wayne

Check Charles' (WoodChips) website...his price is better especially when you order the bigger sheets [;)]

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by Firefyter-emt
<br />I will see that price and top it. I got mine recently off e-bay, $11.99 & $1.35 S/H (buy it now) [:D]

The seller also had a store (off e-bay, but I don't have the link with me. Same price as on e-bay though.)

Here is a link to an auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MICRO-MESH-FINI...4QQihZ018QQcategoryZ71234QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not sure how you figure that's cheaper. Woodchips' price for a 3X6 set is $10.50 (don't remember how much his shipping is). Four 3X6 sets equals one 6X12. At $11.99/3X6 set that equals $47.96 for a 6X12 set. Woodchips 6X12 set is $32.50. Here’s a link to his MM page:
http://www.woodchipshome.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=WC&Product_Code=MMKG1&Category_Code=MM8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom