Micro Mesh pads question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

I was looking on woodturningz and was looking at the acrylic finishing pads. They have a finishing plastic kit that are 2x2 and also micro mesh pads that are 3x4. Of course there is a difference in price, but are they both micro mesh. The 2x2 says "same abrasive" and of course the micro mesh says they are micro mesh. Any help is appreciated. Which one would you recommend if you have used them?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rickstef

I have both MM sets, first the small 2x2 pads, and then I got the 3x4 pads, use them both, love them both.

I do remember that Woodturningz had a special one period this year where they sold all the MM sets they had for one price. I should have done that.
There is also a separate set of plastic polishing pads, different colors, I have been meaning to purchase a set of those, maybe my next buy, I know that Barry Gross recommends those on his website.

Rick

Rifleman1776

I have both but use the pads only on synthetics, which, for me, is very rarely. I never use the two coarsest grits of the pads as they scratch too deeply to get out with rest of finer grits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom