Metric Thread Gauge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I'm embarking on a quest to eliminate a lot of the metal parts and threaded inserts from my fountain pens and rollerballs. In order to do that I have to figure out what the metric threads are. Does anyone know where I can get a metric thread gauge?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dfurlano

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=17175560&PMT4NO=32580198

They have metric ones also

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=2222111&PMT4NO=0

Most pen threads are .75 but there are some variances

Randy_

The problem you may run into is that a lot of the threads on pens are proprietary threads and not just standard metric threads. The other problem is that many of the pen threads are multi-lead threads rather than just a simple single lead thread. You might want to chat with Rich kleinhenz (Scubaman) by email as he is probably better informed about pen threading than most.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Here are some snippets stolen from posts on this site over the past couple of years. Most of them come from Anthony "PenWorks" Turchetta.
I tapped the inside of the pen barrel to hold the nib.
It is an El Grande nib, threads are 10x1.00 metric.

most of the threads on the Jr/Baron, El Grande/ Ligero and others are EE & EEE, which means it has several starting points. I don not believe we can hand cut threads for that. But that would be a question for Bruce or any other tool & die makers lurking around here. The only regular type threads on the pens we buy are found only in the nib section and in the trim end caps.

gents pen…The threads on this were US fine threads, I'm at the office so I can't remeber, but I think it was 9/16/ x 18

dfurlano

Here is a photo of the El Grande (black) and Gentleman nib (silver). The Gentleman is .75 and the El Grande 1.0

nibs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom