Metal on metal threads

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larryc

The New Series (and I am sure there are other) component sets have metal on metal threads and have a problem separating in the pocket or purse.
Is there anything that can be put on the threads to alleviate this situation?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Same problem with the Streamline American RB/FP and the Flat-Top RB/FP (both Berea).

Wish I knew what to do about it ... I'll subscribe to this thread and maybe someone will post the solution.

magpens

One important picture, in post #28 of that thread, still shows up and clarifies the method.

I hate using silicone glue but I guess I'll have to if I want to solve the problem.

Jolly Red

Don't know if this is a good idea, but the toothpick holder kits have a little O ring in them that keeps the threads from unscrewing in a pocket. I have used very small black rubber bands used in a hobby loom (I think), that do the same thing. If black is not your color, they also have many other colors available, These are also useful to keep cut blanks together when you cut several at one time.

magpens

Thanks for that idea, Tom. Which toothpick holder kits, please ... ie. which vendor did you get them from ?

Top Bottom