Metal-ish blanks???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

This new stuff I'm seeing pop up all over the place.....different companies call it different things. For instance Woodcraft calls it their "M3 Metal" Pen Blanks,, while others call it "Mokume Metallic" material. Whatever you want to call it, How is this stuff to work with? How is it to finish? What types of finishes work best? And where should I go to get QUALITY blanks?
Woodcraft has listed on their site as a "related item", this metal polish that looks to be 2-part stuff. Is this something I must have to achieve a highly polished shine? Will a can of Brasso do the same thing or hurt the blank?

Thanks in advance! I just got a commissioned pen from some of the office workers for another co-workers birthday on Mar. 8th. I have no requests from them other than the pen be "REALLY" nice. Great! Really nice....that should be easy enough :/ I've gone to my stand-by of Craft Supplies, but they are sold out of the Zen kits in Black Titanium. So I need to find a plan B and FAST! Anyone have any suggestions? Pen is going to be for a female, so Jr. Gents are out. Sedona/Navigator is still an option, but I hate the crappy finishes. Only options at Woodcraft that I can see are Chrome or Gold. If someone has a Zen laying around in Black Titanium or Platnum and wouldn't mind sending it to me, I'd appreciate it a TON! Any other ideas are welcome also!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Personally, I think the stuff is over rated and a bit too pricey, but that's just my opinion:wink: One or two look 'ok' while many look strange.

Apparently pretty hi-tech stuff, but really just resin with lots of metal in it.

It IS tough(er) to turn and it is tougher on your tools.

Fibonacci

Fibonacci is right. The Zens are in stock! :cool:

(Nice eye BTW!) :biggrin:

I can't take too much credit. I am struggling to convince myself not to order a few of them. I am struggling with that delayed gratification thing.

Save up for a Woodchuck vs. buy cool kits now.

Top Bottom