Mesquite Log cutting up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

any of you good folks on line can help me with the idea of how to cut up this beautiful root+ trunk mesquite I got my hand on two days ago and I sliced in half and viola surprisingly is the most beautiful figured mesquite I have ever seen. I just want to know how to cut it so I get the prettiest part out of it? I was in the garage all day and very tired I'll try to post of it tomorrow or in the evening.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Any one here on IAP who harvests logs or wood for turning or pen blanks who can help me with the idea on how to cut this mesquite log I've gotten in order to get he best figure?

aweiss44

try and get a bit of each type of cut. some with the grain, some cross cut, some offset crosscut.

make sure you have means ready to dry it if it is still wet BEFORE you start cutting it.

phillywood

ok, guys. I amgoing to have to manage a pic. for you guys as I was working to clean the garage half day and running to Dr. too spend more money on them. Then youguys give me the the tips form there. how does that sound smart anough or well........?:biggrin::biggrin::tongue::cool::wink:

Top Bottom