Medical Symbol Inlay

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwrecker

Well, here is my first attempt at this pen from Constant.

This is actually the 7th pen I have ever turned and my 2nd attempt at CA/BLO finish.

I am having surgery tomorrow to have corrective lenses implanted in both eyes and will hopefully be done with glasses and contacts!

I plan on giving this to my surgeon as a gift.

(I noticed the fingerprints on the pen after I downloaded the pics. Too lazy to go back down and take them again. :biggrin: )

78e3d1b3.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

That looks great to me! If you can see the finger prints, I'm not sure you need eye surgery.:tongue: I'm sure your doc will greatly appreciate it.

woodwrecker

Thanks David! Hey I used to live in Enid for a couple years! I used to fly for a small commuter airline back in the mid 90's that had us based there.

Dustygoose

Very nice! I don't see the fingerprints, and, I wear contacts too. Great job on the BLO/CA finish. Some put a wax on the top of the finish to help with the prints too

just curious...did you have to do some sanding/filing down of the snake to get it to fit lengthwise? Also had to do some sanding/filing down of the biggest blue pieces that fit inside the snake around the pole. And those smallest blue pieces are the hardest things to handle because they are so small.

PaulDoug

Would that symbol work for nurses? I have a niece and a friend that are workin their way through school to be nurses. I'd like to make them pens for nurses.

That is a great looking pen.

David Keller

Would that symbol work for nurses? I have a niece and a friend that are workin their way through school to be nurses. I'd like to make them pens for nurses.

That is a great looking pen.

The caduceus is a symbol for all medical personnel, so it would be an appropriate gift for a nurse as well.

woodwrecker

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Just got back from the 24 hour follow-up.... 20/15!!!

Looks like Doc will get his pen next week. He still had a long waiting line for surgery and I wasn't able to see him, but have another appointment next week.

just curious...did you have to do some sanding/filing down of the snake to get it to fit lengthwise? Also had to do some sanding/filing down of the biggest blue pieces that fit inside the snake around the pole. And those smallest blue pieces are the hardest things to handle because they are so small.

Yes, I had to trim a very tiny bit off the bottom of the pole to make it fit. Those very bottom small pieces are a BEAR! I actually lost one of the middle ones but was able to carve a small replacement piece of the scrap. Once it was turned down, you could never tell.

Chris Bar

20/15. That's like, if I see 15 good looking girls, you see 20. Man, I gotta get this done too. Doc says I will need to do same in maybe 4 years. Glad it worked. Nice pen too.

Top Bottom