Medical clip?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkc

Okay, I'm soooooooooo dumb about this pen stuff.... I decided I'd attempt making a pen for my stepson who is a doctor. Are there special medical design clips to buy for pens other than slim line pens? I'd prefer making a bit heftier pen for him. Not sure if the slim line ones they sell work for other pens or not?

Any help or suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkc

Do you know if anyone has other then the 10K gold finish? I keep reading that isn't a very good finish. Would hate to have it wear off in no time, but if I've no other choice it'll have to do. Also, has anyone used a gold clip with another finish for the rest? If so, what would be a good combination?

TAld

Bonnie, I've never found any thing available other than the gold. I made 12 of them at one time for a Dr. friend of mine and the rest he gave as Christmas gifts to other Dr.'s. I powder coated them with clear gloss and they have held up very well for the past year. He carries his around in his white medical smock pocket all day and it is still pretty and shiny and shows no wear. He told me the others have held up the same and they are used daily. So, if you can powder coat them with clear glossy or know someone who can I believe you will find it acceptable.

bkc

Unfortunately I don't have any way to powder coat them. So, Just working on what other finish will look okay with the gold clip. I just don't want the clip sticking out like a sore thumb. And if I procrastinate long enough..... I'll never get it done [B)]

bkc

Looking at the euro pens.... I'm seeing where some offer the titanium gold finish. Does it match the regular 10K gold finish looks-wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom