Medic Clip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papabear

I have a customer who wants a medic clip for a the Sculpted pen by PSI.
I've looked at a couple of clips and I can't find one that is exactly right. Does anyone know if a designer clip could be modified to fit?
Or where I might find a clip that does fit? This customer is pretty set on what he wants.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

If someone doesn't offer a theme clip made for that particular style pen, the Sculpted, you are probably out of luck. I have tried modifying clips without success. They are made of strong steel, probably spring steel and resist messing with. Plus, the plating can get ruined in the process of trying to modify. You probably would have been better off looking for styles for which theme clips are available first. For the Euro, CS has them:
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=050-7310
BTW: the caduceus is appropriate for anyone working in the medical profession. Some believe it is proper only for doctors, not so, there is no tradition that states for doctors only.

Papabear

it uses a clip similar to the designer pen I think. Where there is a little holder that holds the clip in place. I think I can modify the cap to recess the clip. Else make a "recessed Clip" and use that. Its a 10mm tube so I have room to work.

Papabear

you know that euro might work. I should get some to try. I tried talking the customer into other pens and he would'nt budge. At least he's willing to pay a bit extra.

stevers

I made a custom pen with the medic clip. It was for our son, he is a medic in the Army and is thinking about training to be a EMT.
please exuse the picture, it's from my earlier photo box.

20071732546_web%20site..jpg
<br />

It's a Euro with a soft grip type nib and the custom clip. I thought it was sort of odd and a little goddy, but he loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom