Mechanic pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

for a mechanic pen would dipping the pen blanks in that rubber stuff that is used to dip tool handels in be a good idea. Is it "mechanic like" enough?

wood-of-1kind

Spike,

if I'm not mistaken, you are referring to a thick paintlike substance. I've used it to dip a crescent wrench in order to get a plastic like handle. Personally I would not advise dipping your pen blank in this fashion. I am assuming that you mean your finished turning round blank. The finished result may leave you disappointed.

-Peter-

BigL

The good news is that you wouldn't have to worry what kind of wood you used so the cost could be next to nothing to try it. Lane

Spike

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />Spike,

if I'm not mistaken, you are referring to a thick paintlike substance. I've used it to dip a crescent wrench in order to get a plastic like handle. Personally I would not advise dipping your pen blank in this fashion. I am assuming that you mean your finished turning round blank. The finished result may leave you disappointed.

-Peter-
yeah that is what i am talking about. i have never used it before so I dont know if it would look good. After the wood is turned of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom