Measure Twice and Cut Once

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

I should know better than to trust bushings. I should also measure to verify. Turns out the bushings are .002 larger than the hardware. OK, so thar's on me. I'll give the pen away. I was going to anyway. Next is the matter of the copper tip. No amount of pressure will press the tip completely in. I think the plating may probably be a little too thick. Not looking for a solution. The lesson I learned is to be a bit more judicious and use my calipers.

Attachments

• 20160329_145314-1.jpg
    20160329_145314-1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 160
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

efrulla

I assembled two the other night and thought I was going to have to use a 5 ton press to get the first one together. Lightly filed and sanded the tube on the second one and it assembled alot easier but not as easy as it should have

Rockytime

At least you can take it apart and fix it, if you want. :)

I tried disassembling it unsuccessfully. I used the transfer punches and no amount of taping, pounding or pulling could budge anything. The tip was pressed in with lot of pressure. Thought the pen press would break. I'm giving it to a friend and I don't think he will even recognize the problem. But I do. Had I been able to remove all the components I would have re-turned the blank between centers to size.

Top Bottom