Materials source that looks like opal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey all, I have a customer that is looking for an opal like effect in a pen that she wants made. It can be segmented, or the blank itself. (some kind of cast blank) I have no clue where to get a material like that but I know its possible because it was in one of the pens that won in the recent contest. If anyone has a source, or if they themselves are the source if they could let me know that would be greatly appreciated.

Note- I don't know if this falls outside of the new rules and/or is not posted in the right area, so if it is I apologize in advance. If it does please let me know for future reference!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
There has been quite a few...

This link should search SOYP for opal - I'd suggest checking out some of those and see if any specifically catch your eye.. There is a pretty wide variation in what some people are calling "opal".

http://www.penturners.org/forum/sea...oplog_searchinfo=1&photoplog_searchquery=opal

Note that in an 'opal' acrylic - coloring the inside of the blank will make a HUGE difference in the final product. If you want an example of what I mean, see my "Opal twins" post.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Pm sent and I would recomend looking at brooks803 for opalescent blanks. H e ahs started amking quite a few and seeems to have rave reviews.

Top Bottom