Material problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I need a little advice. I ordered a piece of Mexican Agate from Craft supplies and the piece I got had a white blotch in it that went through to the drilled hole when I drilled the blank. They were very kind and replaced it right away.

The new piece I got showed a small white blotch on the outside and when I drilled the blank I could see it was bigger on the inside.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem with this material? I have turned 2 in the past and did not have any white blotches or specs.

I am going to call Craft Supplies but with two blanks in a row having the same issue I am worried.

Anyone else have this issue?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTsideshow

The answer is yes, if it is the natural of the material, colors and sizes will vary to the conditions it was formed in. Also there are a other number of kinds that can be passed off as Mexican agate.
Is yours a tru stone Mexican agate blank, or a real agate blank with out resin?

In natural stone the banding can be of varied sizes, and colors along with where it starts and stops.

If it is the man made variety tru stone, it may be just the luck of the mixing of the blank.

All you can do is call them and ask.
:clown:

Robert111

I got two from R & B, one with some white. I turned it and made a pen, but I don't like the white in it. I'm going to dismantle and chuck the tubes. By the way, this is no reflection on R & B. They are great to deal with.

If you look closely at the picture of Mexican Agate (r and b crafts - tru-stone blanks), you can see the small white steaks, but I think, as another person commented, it was a batch that was made a little differently.

brownsfn2

I got two from R & B, one with some white. I turned it and made a pen, but I don't like the white in it. I'm going to dismantle and chuck the tubes. By the way, this is no reflection on R & B. They are great to deal with.

If you look closely at the picture of Mexican Agate (r and b crafts - tru-stone blanks), you can see the small white steaks, but I think, as another person commented, it was a batch that was made a little differently.

White streaks in the product is ok. when they all get too close together they form white globs though. That is what I have. The blank is inconsistent. Nice light caramel streaks toward one end and white streaks toward the other that are so close together that the white kind of globbed together.

I am going to call them Monday and hope for the best. They have always been more than fare to deal with. As a matter of fact I posted here about a stylus a ruined and a guy from Craft Supplies called me and offered a free replacement. Great service!

brownsfn2

Update: Called today and they refunded my money because they did not want the issue to happen a third time. There was no struggle, no push back, or anything. Just really good customer service!!! Great vendor!!

Top Bottom