Marine theme help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Long story short, I made a stars and stripes pen for someone (retired military). There has been alot of interest from his co-workers. Someone asked if I could do a pen with a Marine Corp theme. Other than using certain colors and possibly having some type of insignia engraved on it, what else could I do? I'd like to get some ideas from others. Have any of you created a similar pen. If so, would you mind sharing?
Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AceMrFixIt

I have one of the Marine (enlisted) clips from woodpenpro. They seem to be made very well, solid. I can post a pic of it on a pen if you want to see it.

glycerine

I have one of the Marine (enlisted) clips from woodpenpro. They seem to be made very well, solid. I can post a pic of it on a pen if you want to see it.

Yes, I'd like to see your pen. Do you know if the clip will fit or can be modified to fit on a jr. gent?

AceMrFixIt

From the web site: All Patriot Clips fit the European or Designer pens only.

Attachments

• usmc.jpg
    usmc.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

byounghusband

You could do this..... Walnut in a Gold Baron kit. I had the engraving done by Ken Nelson at Kallenshaanwoods.com It is gold color-filled. done for a friend at work.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00145.jpg
    DSC00145.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC00146.jpg
    DSC00146.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 273

AceMrFixIt

Bob,
Very nice. I would rather the emblem be on the upper barrel, that way writing or not, the globe is upside right. Just my .02

Last edited:

Hogdriver

Those wings should be "parallel to the deck." :biggrin:

Great looking pens, all around. I need to make some. Eric, where did you get the cartridge engraving done?

-HD
USMC 94-05

Top Bottom