Maple blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

Don't know if this is the right forum or not.
I have a friend who has a sports flooring business and I have had a bunch of maple flooring made available to me. I wanted to know if that is something that folks would be interested in if I got a bunch of it and cut it into blanks? At this point I can't say where the wood is from - he is working on a licensing arrangement - but it is the basketball floor of one of the biggest Universities in Michigan.
Is this something folks are interested in?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Don't know if this is the right forum or not.
I have a friend who has a sports flooring business and I have had a bunch of maple flooring made available to me. I wanted to know if that is something that folks would be interested in if I got a bunch of it and cut it into blanks? At this point I can't say where the wood is from - he is working on a licensing arrangement - but it is the basketball floor of one of the biggest Universities in Michigan.
Is this something folks are interested in?

Depending on the thickness...I'm game!

MartinPens

I'm not too sure that plain maple flooring will be in much demand. I bet you would have much greater luck talking with someone who makes picture frames. The flooring material is usually perfect for that. Just my opinion.

Regards

TerryDowning

I have a stash of maple that was originally destined as a bowling alley (left overs from a resurface job more than 50 years ago that my dad snagged.) I have used some in pen blanks. It is rather plain but does make good segmenting material.

NotURMailman

sbell111

I might be interested. It should be noted that a statement of fact does not require a licensing agreement.

For instance, "This pen is made from a Jack Daniel's white oak barrel." requires no license. Using their logo (or font) and/or calling it a Jack Daniel's pen would require permission.

Similarly, 'This pen is made from maple that was reclaimed from the University of Michigan's Crisler Center's basketball court during it's recent renovation.' is merely a statement of fact and would not require a licensing agreement in and of itself.

keithbyrd

I might be interested. It should be noted that a statement of fact does not require a licensing agreement.

For instance, "This pen is made from a Jack Daniel's white oak barrel." requires no license. Using their logo (or font) and/or calling it a Jack Daniel's pen would require permission.

Similarly, 'This pen is made from maple that was reclaimed from the University of Michigan's Crisler Center's basketball court during it's recent renovation.' is merely a statement of fact and would not require a licensing agreement in and of itself.

I agree with that. He istrying to get the licensing so it can be marketed that way. I iwll cut up a few blanks and post some pictures - I have enough wood now for probably 30 blanks.

Top Bottom