Manufacturer info?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

law_kid

Just curious if there's a source of information about who actually manufactures the hardware used in the pen kits sold by various sellers. I am fairly new to the forum and see a lot of inside references like "Dayacom" and "Taiwanese transmissions vs. Chinese transmissions," but these are lost on me.

Is there somewhere that I can brush up on the manufacturers of the hardware and the manufacturers of the ink cartridges (I assume these are different manufacturers). And maybe which sellers use which suppliers? I'm curious if, for instance, PSI and Woodcraft use the same suppliers, or whether one's cigar pen is thought to be better than the other's.

Last edited:

thewishman

Jim, your questions are good, but require lots of information that is not in a centralized place. Here are a couple of answers:

Woodcraft used to sell mostly Berea Hardwood's kits. In the last few years they are adding more of kits they source on their own.

The major players are PSI, Berea Hardwoods, CSUSA.

Exotic Blanks.com stocks kits from almost every source. This page has the most comprehensive collection of any supplier:

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Pen-Kits-By-Manufacturer/

Top Bottom