Manu Propria Pens - Cork Disk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

manupropria

Just made a new cork disk for polishing pen nibs. Cork is a pefect base for pre-polishing metal. Many years ago when I was an active knife maker we always used cork for pre-polishing - especially - hollow ground blades.

Enjoy Weekend.

Best regards,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 206
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 190
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Well I Learn something New from You Martin, just about every time, I read your Postings.
I didn't know that Cork, was a Base for Pre-Polishing Metal.
I have used a Cork Sanding Block, for years, But never thought of it as a Mechanical Medium.
I note from your Photographs, you show the Object being used on the Approach of the Rotating Cork Drum, and Not on the Departing or Under Side. Is this correct as I would have thought that it could be more than a little Dangerous, if your Angle of Approach was off?
I can see where it would be Excellent for getting into the Hollow Ground Face of Knives.
Many thanks,
Brian.

Charlie_W

Well I Learn something New from You Martin, just about every time, I read your Postings.
I didn't know that Cork, was a Base for Pre-Polishing Metal.
I have used a Cork Sanding Block, for years, But never thought of it as a Mechanical Medium.
I note from your Photographs, you show the Object being used on the Approach of the Rotating Cork Drum, and Not on the Departing or Under Side. Is this correct as I would have thought that it could be more than a little Dangerous, if your Angle of Approach was off?
I can see where it would be Excellent for getting into the Hollow Ground Face of Knives.
Many thanks,
Brian.

Brian, I can't tell if the pen nib is actually on the cork wheel or just being held in front. Also, perhaps Martin runs the lathe/cork drum in reverse.

Top Bottom