mandrel saver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Wade

I recently bought a mandrel saver and when I use it, a terrific noise comes up. I really cant tell if it is from the saver or the drive on my lathe. Is this common or am I doing something wrong. If I back off on the tail stock, the noise stops but I cant turn anything because the penstock is too loose.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
If the noise stop when you back the tailstock off, I'd check the bearings on the live center. If they are OK, it may be the headstock bearings.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I have bought one also it must be the mandrel saver because mine also is very loud must be the bearings in the mandrel saver.... don't make that noise at all unless I am using the psi mandrel saver...

arioux

It's the mandrel saver. If you put your hand on it to stop it from spinning, the noise stops. I like the idea but i hate that noise. The bearing inside it must be very cheap.

psilevy

ED

My apologies for those of you having problems with the Mandrel Saver .... We got in a lot of the item and turns out a "nest" of them had bad bearings - impossible to tell that they're defective till you mount and spin at a high speed.

We now have "whisper quiet" mandrel savers for replacement - just call our customer service and ask for a Mandrel saver from the "new quiet" lot - we'll be happy to replace it (after we confirm your purchase) we won't even want the noisy guy back.

Ed

psilevy

Ed

Call Mark at PSI ... 7-774-5431 - you'll need proof of purchase.
Ed

ctubbs

How about that! I just settled in to listen to the noise until it blew up. After all the bashing of PSI recently, here comes a solution right out of the blue. I just figured it was something I was going tohave to live with. This is my second saver. My first one got loose in the o rings and wobbled. the cure for that did not work so I bought this new style and it roars. Thank you PSI for listening.
Charles

ctubbs

I just called PSI and my new saver is on the way. Hows that for a turn around?
Thank you Don and Mr. psilevy. His data says owner PSI. It must be right because one mention of the name and the saver is in the mail, no charge.
Charles

Top Bottom