making pens from 30-06?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone,

i know you have put the instructions for making pens from these shell casings, but i have no idea where i put the thread. can you please help?
i was just given about 100 casings and want to try and make this style of pen. i promised the guy who gave them to me, pens for him and his sons.

i would be happy to share, also.

laurie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Hi Laurie,
I would love to have a few to try out as pens. I'll be glad to pay for the shipping or perhaps send a few blanks in return.
I can't help with the thread but somebody will tell us where it is.
Thanks!

knottyharry

Hi Laurie,
Email me and I'll tell you how I do them.
The 30-06 is a little different, because you have to get longer brass tubes and cut them to length. 2 1/2 inches if memory serves me correctly.
You can buy the 10 inch 7mm tubes from Woodturningz I know, and maybe some of the other places as well.
Harry

Nolan

Harry,
would it be possible for me to get instructions also? I may get to purchase some nickel-plated .308 cal. shells. Will your instuctions work with these?

Nolan

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Here's the way I make mine.
http://woodenwonderstx.com/bulletpen.html
There are as many was to do this as there are pen turners. This will give you a start. Modify to suit your needs.
As Harry stated, you will need a longer tube.

byounghusband

Monte,
I went to your web site and it looks like some of your coding in your description is missing or corrupted. As well as some of the pics, all Slimline pens came up Red X's.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Bob and Billy,
The whole site is about to be updated. I have it on my hard drive but haven't had the time to up load the files. Dialup is such a PITA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom