Making a Jr Statesman Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Has anyone ever tried to use the centerband and finial from a Jr Statesman to turn a Jr. Gent pencil into a Jr Statesman pencil? I know there's a difference in the tube sizes of the upper barrels.
I don't have a Jr Gent pencil to measure the tube but I know it takes a 15/32 bit whereas the Jr Statesman takes a 12.5 which is a difference of .0233. I was wondering if the tube could be reamed out to accept the Jr. Statesman finial? More importantly can the threaded CB be modified to use for the pencil? Without having one to experiment with I'm at a loss.

Firefyter-emt

Mike, it would be some major work to get that to fit.

The bushings measure as below:

Jr. Gent/Statesman Cap => id: .459" = od: .567" Body => id: .375" = od: .480"
Jr. Gent Pen/Pencil Cap => id: .428" = od: .535" Body => id: .358" = od: .479"

As you can see, the cap tube itself is .031" smaller on the pencil kit. The pencil kit needs the center band to take up the slack side to side so unless the inside of the Jr.Statesman kit can me made or modified to match the ID of the center band on the pencil kit, it's going to be loose. I do think that this might be able to be done with a sleeve that is pressed into the CB just like the threads do. The next step is the final post; you need to be able to use the insides that hold the pencil transmission in place. Might still be doable, but not a simple swap of parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom