Making His & Hers Wedding Pen's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Received an amazing phione call Saturday evening from my youngest daughter, well she is now engaged to be married.

I would like to make them a set of wedding pens. A couple questions for those of you out there that have made these.

Those that I have seen here have used white blanks. Have you used Acrylic blank's or maybe Holly ?

What pen kits have you used ?

Ball Point, Roller ball or Fountain ?

All input is welcome, those that have recently posted wedding pens please watch for PM's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Some ideas:
Trustone white mother of pearl and Trustone black mother of pearl.
Have someone pour some blanks to match the colors of the wedding.

Fountain Pens always look fancy, but if they are going to be used for the guest book they will likely get messed up after just a few people sign the book (nib could get bent by folks like me that don't often write with them).

My preference would be a rollerball, but the problem with a roller ball is to make sure there is a place to keep the cap from rolling off the table.

jsolie

For my daughter's wedding, I made a couple of rollerballs and used acrylic blanks that matched her colors. It tied in very nicely with the guestbook and all the other stuff for the day since it was all color coordinated.

nanosec12

I recently did a set for a friends wedding...for the Bride I used a white marble tru-stone on a Majestic Jr, and for the groom I used the black and gold tru-stone on a majestic. Both of them rollerballs, and yes they were thrilled with the unexpected gift that I had made for them.

Brooks803

First off...Congrats!

If it were me (my little girl turned 2 yesterday so I'm a LONG ways away) I'd make 3 pens.

1 for the bride
1 for the groom
1 for everyone to sign the guest book

I'd stick with the black and white since it's classic. The TruStones are very nice. Since I cast my own material I'd make them myself.

For the guest book I'd do a pen that matches the wedding colors.

BJohn

Second Thing "Enjoy every minute of it" It will go by faster then you think. This is my youngest and she is 27 now. Finished Collage with a masters in engineering I lost her to those books for what seemed like for ever & now to another guy. Belive me you will always remember her as your 2 year old.

I like that idea, I am just getting into casting so I guess I may have found my first casting project. Azure Blue with Silver running through should look really nice.

Need ideas for the kit's. I will use a roller ball for the quest book pen but what about the his & hers.

Last edited:

BJohn

Just got off the phone with my daughter she asked if I can make some nice pens they can use for gift's for the weeding party.

I so far have just been making pens that I like the looks of. The kit's for the guy's I can figure out So now can ya'll help me with what is the best kit for young ladies.

southernclay

First off congrats...hope he's worthy!:biggrin: J/K I'm sure you raised her to make solid decisions.

I have a 2 year old daughter and makes me tear up to think about it. I personally would choose rollerballs for all, I love the idea of the three pens. Ultimately though I would let her weigh in on the decision as much as possible, it would be a good chance to get some time in with her before you give her hand to him. Maybe he or she could help you make them too?

BJohn

Had a Berea Hardwood catalog mailed to her so she can look, but for me I am just looking for thoughts so when I visit wit her in a couple weeks I know what I am talking about.

rblakemore

My daughter is 29, she and her husband of 4 years are visiting. And, I agree I think of her as 2 and some ages of special events.

I made pens for my son and his new wife this last spring; I used white and gold web trustone and black and gold trustone. They came out fabulous. I made a matching cake serving set (Chefware Kits, $29 set). The pens are a WC Cambridge, they came out well; but, I do not like the Cambridge plastic ring. I suggest either a Jr. Statesman or a Jr. Majestic, really looks good.
Here is the white one. As a side note, the pens are now lost, possibly stolen. So, perhaps, the Jr. Gent, or similar size, in a twist is a better choice.

Attachments

• 9T4A6320_white_cambridge_2014-02-17_v2.jpg
    9T4A6320_white_cambridge_2014-02-17_v2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 127

dtswebb

For a nephew's wedding, I made two Sedona sterling silver rollerballs. Both used acrylic blanks - the bride's was white with thin black swirls; the groom's was black with thin white swirls. Ken at Kallenshaan Woods made up a beautiful wooden two pen box with wedding bells, their names and wedding date on the lid. The gift was well received.

Woodkiller

Here are my thoughts on this. I'd do the groom pen in mostly silver with azure blue highlights. I'd do the brides in azure blue with silver highlights. I'd do the guest pen in half n half. Have Jonathan mix them up for you. Put them on a majestic for the groom, majestic jr or squire for the bride, and whichever the bride doesn't get is the guest pen. Rhodium and 22k for the set should do it. Check with the groom as to weather he would prefer roller or fountain, maybe the bride too. Guest book for sure a roller.
That's what I would do. :)

darrin1200

This is a wedding set I made last year for a good friends daughter.
The four signing pens (roller balls for the bride and groom, ballpoints for the maid of honor and best man) were commissioned. They were used to sign the wedding docs.

The guest book and pen were my gift. The book is Peruvian walnut with a maple inlay.
The pen stand is layered Peruvian walnut and maple shaped like a climbing rock as they are avid fitness nuts.
The pen is a slim made using holly and African blackwood with a feather in the wedding color.

Went over quite well.

Attachments

• M&G Wedding (49)_edited small.jpg
    M&G Wedding (49)_edited small.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 93
  • M&G Wedding (39) small.jpg
    M&G Wedding (39) small.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 87

Brooks803

Here's the one I did for my wedding. I had only been casting 4mo at the time so I got pretty close to the wedding colors.

Shea's Wedding 114 (700x397).jpg

Secondly, if you're going to do a Majestic not everyone loves the crystal in the clip. If it is an issue you can always modify it like this.

100_6447 (687x700).jpg 100_6462 (700x341).jpg

Top Bottom