Maker's marks on pens???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

McBryde

I know that people put maker's marks on stuff like furniture, and bowls and vases, and all sorts of stuff. Is anyone doing maker's marks on pens? What exactly are you doing? How are you doing it? I'm just wondering if anyone at all does that for pens.

Thanks,

Emerson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

I put my makers mark on all of my higher end pens. I am lucky enough to own my own laser engraver and I laser in a very, very small makers mark up near the finial end on the cap and then put the clip over it. You need a bright light and a magnifying glass to see it.

PenMan1

On many of the pen sets that have a press in clip, I put my mark on the bottom side of the ring that holds the clip. I am looking for an invisible "black light" ink that I can use and check to see if I made the pen without removing the clip. I am thinking of marketing this "black light" ink as Maker's Mark, is that a copyright infringement?

Last edited:

JerrySambrook

I guess you could use Makers Mark as a finish.

The more you "use" the better it looks. And just think, you can just pour it out all in one "shot" and not worry about a gummy or runny finish, unless of course you either did not eat, or are mixing the Makers Mark with some other uncompatible "finish"

RussFairfield

Passed Away 2011
In Memoriam
5 minutes on the Internet will give you the answer to that question. They own the trademark, and it doesn't matter what you are selling. Whether you get a letter from the lawyers representing the owner of the trademark will depend on how aggressively they search for violators.

Padre

I put my makers mark on all of my higher end pens. I am lucky enough to own my own laser engraver and I laser in a very, very small makers mark up near the finial end on the cap and then put the clip over it. You need a bright light and a magnifying glass to see it.
How would one look for a laser engraver, and how much does a really, really, really basic one cost? I've done some googleing, but mostly come up with $8,000 printer looking devices.

PenMan1

I'd like to know where you can get'm for that! A laser engraver is not cheap......you can get to $10K and more real quick!

Barney

You can buy a 60 Watt JCUT laser cutter with rotating abilities directly from China over EBay for under $4,000. My neighbor bought one and the owners manual, controls , etc are exactly the same as the Epilog laser.

The neighbor has both the JCUT and the Epilog and he says the JCUT works better (likely because the $10,000 Epilog is only 40 watts).

Top Bottom