major surprise, ye never know

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I've been out of town for more than a week. I set the answering machine and today picked up my messages. Major-major surprise waiting for me. A representative of a billion dollar philanthropic institution left a message to call back. After I called and a nice conversation, it turns out she wants my pens in their upscale gift shop. Not only will this be nice business but is super flattering to me. She also wants my duck calls. Now, the concern is, will I be able to keep up with demand. May have to change from my current one-at-a-time to a batch method.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Are you sure she didn't confuse your work with mine? Oh, no, wait...she'd be calling to RETURN them if they were mine! lol... Nice gloat, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by exoticwo
<br />Thats a mighty fine catch there Frank !!
Hope you cn keep up, being sorta Retired and all that![;)]

"Retired?" Sometimes I think that should be spelled: 'retarded'. [;)] I'm supposed to be doing the rocking chair bit. Instead, I ride ATVs, camp pre-1840 style in buckskin clothes and make shavings in my shop. Oh, well. [:D]

mdburn_em

That is great Frank. Doesn't being retired mean you get to do whatever you like, when you like? Sounds to me like you're enjoying life. Good for you.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Congrats Frank!l wish you well mate! ps will you still have time for IAP.

Seriously, the forums have gotten me here. Both forums I frequent have been my tutors and mentors. My finishes would still be original 'icky' if I hadn't seen what can be done.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Great blessing for you. Not only your skill but your integrity and character got you that great deal. Have fun doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom