Major screw up or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BrentK

While gluing a tube in a blank for a Baron fountain pen. I didnt knowtice the tube is sticking our 1/8 of an inch or less. What would be the best way to correct this. I know there may be several different ways. All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
As long as you have not shortened either barrel any other place, there is at least 1/8" play in both the upper and lower barrels. Your pen will just be a little shorter.

BrentK

Joe etouffee means to saute. So you take butter and onions bell peppers and saute them add the crawfish a little water and some corn starch to thicken serve over rice.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Brent , this happened to me once . I got a small bowl and put enough acetone in it to cover my blank . Let it soak over night , and saved the tube . I had plenty of blanks (wood) so it didn't matter that the blank was softened by the acetone . I just pitched it . I speculate , the blank could have been saved also . Maybe need to stabilize it though . This worked for me . Just a suggestion . [8D]

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
If you used epoxy you can soak it in DNA for about a week then the epoxy will soften enough to push the tube in. After that let it dry and your good to go.

BrentK

Thanks Chuck but the blank is a red cactus blank from Curtis. The pen is for my girlfriend so I dont want to take a chance and ruin the blank. Thanks for the suggestion good to know down the road.

Hosspen

Brent,
Are you sure you want to give your girlfriend a Cactus pen? And I thought I had a lot of nerve giving my mother-in-law an Old Crab-apple/poison-ivy pen. :D Just kidding on both accounts, I hope it "Turns-out" real nice for you. From what I've seen of Curtis' blanks she is a lucky girl.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by BrentK

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Cav I will save a plate of crawfish etouffee for you.:D

Wait just a gol-durned minute! "I" gave you the answer and he gets the etoufee? For crying out loud, I've been DEWEY'd again! [8D]

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Wait a gol-durned minute yourself, you Carpet Bagger!! A true devotee of Louisiana cooking would have wanted to know why these goofballs are talking about DNA, acetone and such worthless drivel when there is a plate of crawfish etouffee to be eaten with some good Mexican cornbread.

Damn, Brent, I MISS Louisiana food!!!!!!!! All I can find up here is frozen Chinese crawfish and it is so hard to get all the lead out of them before cooking them! :D

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by DCBluesman

Originally posted by BrentK

Thanks for the input I appreciate it. Cav I will save a plate of crawfish etouffee for you.:D

Wait just a gol-durned minute! "I" gave you the answer and he gets the etoufee? For crying out loud, I've been DEWEY'd again! [8D]

Lou, I saw your nips picture. *shudders*

You've got way more hair than Cav, he needs etoufee worse than you. :D[:p] heh

BrentK

Well the pen came out very nice no problems that I can see anyway. But the etouffee was even better and Lou dont worry there is enough for you to have a plate. We dont know how to cook down here for less than twenty people lol. Again thanks for all the suggestions. Cav I wont buy the China crawfish but than again I have a choice.

Top Bottom