Majestic vs. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mapster

Back to the good old pen kit question. I have been making majestics and jr. majestics, and like them, as do my customers. I realized though, they have basically the same dimensions the statesmans have, and almost exactly the same price. I see about 10 times as many statesmans as majestics, but was wondering what you recommend. I know it is partially due to the pimp crystal. I was thinking of doing a carbon fiber jr of one of the two.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

For the Jr's I will only get the Statesmen as I don't buy postable fountains/rollerballs any longer (with the exception of the Stretch). This is entirely due to the fact that posting the cap make the pen way too top heavy.

In the full sized kits, I could see getting the Majestic, but haven't done one yet.

My take is do what sells... if the Majestics are selling well for you, why change. I don't do the Majestics only because just never have and to me and in my view only, they are a little gaudy... if people like them and they sell, enough said.

I personally don't like posted pens.... that's my preference and writing style, but I've found others do and won't buy the non-postables for fear of losing the cap or whatever reason... I'm like Mike, I find the posted pens too top heavy for comfort.

ThomJ

My sis is a writer & I made her a fountain pen for her book signings, she was glad it was postable

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
postable non-postable

My sis is a writer & I made her a fountain pen for her book signings, she was glad it was postable

Personally I wouldn't carry a pen with a removable top that was not postable...everytime I took it out to write I have to figure out what do do with the top, and if you're standing at a counter signing a credit card receipt there is no good answer.

aggromere

Same here. For the jr sizes I only do postable so they don't lose the cap. for big pens (haven't ever seen a postable one) I advertise them as desk pens, large enough to use without the top, but for use in the office at your desk so you dont lose the top.

Top Bottom