Majestic vs. Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vwa3guy

Hey everyone, I tried searching and couldn't find anything but I was curious if anyone could tell me if an emperor and Majestic were interchangeable. I know the majestic is somewhere around 2/32" and 3/32" longer on the body than the Emperor but couldn't that just be resolved with a longer spring or a tiny spacer?

I have some pre-tubed blanks for the emperor but wanted to use them on a majestic.

-Ryan

jttheclockman

Hello Ryan

There is a chart for this stuff in the library. But here is what I show

Both are full size kits.

Both upper tubes .571 dia.

1.97 in length

Lower tube

Majestic .450diam.
2.15 length

Emporer
.450 diam.
2.26 length

Why not just order what ever tubes you need in stead of jury rigging a kit. That is what I would do but that is my opinion only.:)

magpens

Ryan,

I think what you want to do will work.

Yes, the Emperor lower tube is a little longer than the Majestic lower tube but only by 0.11" (your statement is wrong way around)
You can shorten your Emperor pre-tubed lower blank. Or you can leave it as is and stretch the spring a little bit but you may not even have to do that. . Instead of stretching the spring (which I doubt will be necessary), you could put a tiny extension piece on the back end of the refill (which could be simply a few wrapped turns of masking tape).

I would say go ahead and turn the blanks and then see what you have to do, if anything.

Last edited:

vwa3guy

Thanks guys...... JT - I had made a half dozen emperors about a year ago and got carried away with the blanks which have been sitting in the shop in a cabinet...... I don't have any specific purpose for them and the majestics are almost half the price of the emperors so if they don't sell for a while or even at all...... half the loss!

Top Bottom