Majestic Top Barrel Drill Size Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DonWood

Hi Everyone:

Has anyone besides me had a problem with the drill size for the Majestic for the top barrell. The directions say 37/64" and this is what I ordered and used but the hole is too small. I had to work hard with the sand paper to ream out the hole enough that I can just get the tube to fit.

Anyone know what size is proper? Would 19/32" work and if so, does anyone know where I can get that size?

Thanks so much for the help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gjb49

I have made several Majestic pens. They use the same bits and tubes as Craft Supplies USA Gentlemans/Statesmans pens. I had no problem with the bits - I used the bits from Craft Supplies. 37/64ths is the correct bit. I have noticed difference in bit sizes. I have 2 sets of brad point bits and some of the bits in one set are smaller than the other set. Try another bit, maybe one from another vendor.

Grant Barlow
Galena, IL

DonWood

Majestic

Thanks for the info everyone. I got the bit from Woodturningz, so it probably came from PSI. I will try a norseman and see if that makes a difference. Thanks again.

Amazing that there would be that much difference in the bits from different manufacturers, on this one the hole was so small that I could not even begin to get the tube in.

Thanks again!!

fernhills

I have had the same problem, i figured it was the bit, i have two more kits and i did not do them yet till i find out if it was the bit or tubes. i got my bit with the kits from PSI. Thanks for posting that, it a real pain filing and sanding to expand the hole.

Top Bottom