Majestic Squire Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jimmykoko2

I just completed my first Majestic Squire and think I have an issue. The ink cartridge does not fully retract before the cap comes off the body of the pen. The cartridge is designed to retract. Correct? Suggestions?

edstreet

Inside the nib there is a ledge where the spring hits and rest on. This is what retracts the point. The transmission allows it to retract with a twist. When you engage the transmission, be it in or out, you can feel the cartridge nib catching on the lip of the opening.

IFF this is the case you can take a drill bit that is larger than the hole but small enough to fit on that ridge and BY HAND ream out the burr that is left on the inside. This will fix the adjustment and the smoothness.

Also check the spring is on the nib correctly and not beside the cartridge.

Trying with a new ink refill may mask the underlying problem.

More4dan

I had the same issue on my last Squire. I took a bit that just fits the hole and ran it up and down by hand from the tip after taking a slightly larger bit from the top of the lower tip turning it by hand to remove any burr as in the previous post. It only took a minute but made a big difference.

Top Bottom