Majestic Squire

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Was looking for something new to make so I bought several Majestic Squire kits. This one is a white blank from Dawn with inlay of black pickguard with aluminum can on each side of it. The pen looks really nice, but i'm not sure about the kit. I bought them to try and make some upscale pens that would appeal to women buyers, however the pen is heavy and I'm not sure it would appeal to them.

I also put it side by side with an elegant beauty (not sure, or some kinda sierra kit) just to make a comparison.

I would be interested in any feed back on the kit. Also on the blank. It was my first time using aluminum can and only my third of fourth blank I made on the Byrnes tablesaw that I finished into a pen. I had a little trouble with the aluminum. It would bend at one end of the blank while I was turning it, but only on one end. to finish the pen I turned it with the skew and then flipped it and turned the other end and then finished the pen. It was strange, the aluminum only bent at the tailstock end of the lathe.

Attachments

• majestic squire upright.JPG
    majestic squire upright.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 275
  • majestic squire down.JPG
    majestic squire down.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Majestic Squire & elagant beauty.JPG
    Majestic Squire & elagant beauty.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 346
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

I like the Majestic Squire kits . I have done several of them so far and people seem to like them so I'll be making lots more of them , in fact I'm going to make these instead of the higher end Sierras .
Peter your pens look great but you really should post them in the "Show off you pens" thread , more people will see them there .

mickr

I've never been fond of Sierras in any configuration..but your first one is interesting..good perserverance

Russianwolf

I think the Squire is a variation on the real Elegant Beauty. If so the twist mechanism should be in the finial and the pen shouldn't pull apart like the Sierras.

If that's the case, I'll be buying some as I think the quality of the kit is better than the sierra design. you have to be more careful trimming the blanks if you shorten it, it effects the refill, but I'd had more problems with the sierras.

Top Bottom