Majestic pens cracking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skovian

Hey folks,

I'm having trouble with Majestic pens. Not the Jr., but the big one. I've turned hundreds of pens over the last 7 years, but all of these have cracked when I try to put them together.

I make sure that the pen tubes are free of any glue and that the tubes are chamfered with a countersink bit, like I do with all my other pens, but every time these have cracked.

Is there some kind of trick I'm missing? These don't look like they're gonna be hard to put together, but they're driving me up the wall.

Thanks,

Michael

Use a mic and check the diameter of the ends going into the tubes. I have had a few just a little bit oversized. Trim them down by sanding to get them to the right size. Also, check the tube inside diameters. Foreign manufactures are not always super precise when they are made. Also, look real hard at the tube before assembly. Ream it to make absolutely sure no glue is in there. You may want to try pre-assembly to stretch the tube before the blank is glued on. Then disassemble and proceed as normal.

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
what part is cracking?

When I press the threaded part on the upper barrel (the one with the black plastic tube) I always put a little wax on that. Makes it slide in a lot easier and easier to get apart if needed.

I made numerous majestics (12 in the last few weeks) and have had none crack.

Top Bottom