Majestic pen plating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dvoigt

What am i missing here? For the Majestic pens at PSI they offer 3 different plating options. All 3 state "Platinum" as part of the plating yet when you read the description there is no mention of Platinum at all, only rhodium. So what is platinum then? Very confusing. :confused:

Also what is the difference between platinum and rhodium? When I look at the pictures they have on the web site for "Black TN/Platinum" and "Black TN/rhodium" I can't see a difference. Enlighten me slightly here.

Thanks
Derek

Thanks,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wheaties

I've wondered that too. The two ARE different elements. Sure they are in the same "class", but that does make them THE SAME. So which is REALLY better?

JerrySambrook

For what we do, Platinum and Rhodium are equal. There are other applications for Platinum that Rhodium does not hold a candle to.

There is a slight difference in color, but the overwhelming majority of us would not really tell the difference unless told. by the way, Platinum is more silvery and Rhodium is bluer if you needed to know.

Jerry

bitshird

Also what is the difference between platinum and rhodium? When I look at the pictures they have on the web site for "Black TN/Platinum" and "Black TN/rhodium" I can't see a difference. Enlighten me slightly here.

Thanks
Derek

Thanks,
Derick; the difference is about 600.00 a troy OZ Platinum is cheaper than Rhodium and Rhodium while a member of the Platinum family is significantly harder

Top Bottom