Majestic Jr and its relatives

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hdtran

I've made a few Majestic Jrs (Rollerball, not Fountain).

I like the size of the pen, and the fact that the cap posts.

I do find a few dislikes:

(1) I think it's overly ornate. I want to show off the wood, not the fancy band or cap finial.
(2) I think it's unbalanced when the cap is posted. The cap is heavy relative to the pen body, so I think the pen writes better with the cap off, rather than with the cap posted. Probably not an issue if the user only uses the pen to sign documents, but definitely an issue if the user wants to write the next great novel by longhand...

Any suggestions as to what I might like to try? Initial preference for items that use similar drill/bushing combos, but I'm open-minded.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Jr. Gent II can be bought postable of non-postable. It has the least bling of any of the Jr sized pens.

The Jr. Statesman has a little bling on the finials and center band but is still not too obnoxious.

The Stretch (from LauLauwoods.com) uses the bushings for the lower section of those above, but has a solid metal cap which gives much better balance while not detracting from the blank material.

LauLau also sells the Jr. Retro in better platings than CSUSA does. It's basically a Gent with slightly different styling, not real bling.

Brooks803

i agree about them being overly ornate, I don't plan on making a large number of that kit but for the one's I did make I turned my own end finials and clip accent:

Top Bottom