Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

PSI has taken some hits here about the quality of some of their kits and maybe rightly so I am not getting into that. What I would like to know is the Majestic kit worthwhile ????:confused:. I see they have both the full size and junior. Which is more sellable??? For those that have done this kit are there any pitfalls or things I should look for??? :confused: I am thinking of getting either the full or junior. Does Berrea make a compatable kit??? :confused:If so where is a good place to get these??? How is the fountain pen in this style??? Is the nib worthy??? :confused:Thanks for the replys.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

John, I'm not sure about Berrea, but the CSUSA Emperor and Jr Emperor are good selling HIGH quality kits, and they don't have that ridiculous Swarovski Crystal in the clip. if they had used a CZ it wouldn't dull as fast the crystal is leaded crystal and very soft.

BigguyZ

Most people don't like the big pens. That's why a lot of people gravitate towards CUSA's Juniors, or the Majestic Junior.

I bought one Majestic from Rockler, and everyone who's seen it thinks it's nice.... until they see the cheesy crystal! So for me, I'm not buying another any time soon. I would like to check out the Broadwell pens, however.

jleiwig

I find no problems with the Majestic Jr at all. It seems to be very high quality. I haven't made many, but have had no problems with the ones I did make.

scotian12

I have sold a number of the majestic pens and they are very easy to put together. The person that buys this pen likes a pen that is noticeable. This kit looks really nice in the truestone red jasper.

JerrySambrook

I like the Majestic Jr. It is one of my two everyday pens (a fountain).
The other is a Jr Gent Rollerball.

HOWEVER:
Eric (holmquer) and I were comparing the Jr Gent FP to the Majestic Jr FP this morning. (Busy morning at work:rolleyes:)

For less than 1/2 the price, the QUALITY of the plating, the threads on the nib holder, and the attention to small details like the bead crispness and cove crispness is way better on the Jr Gent's coupler. And for interchangability, they are, but at the same time, there is a measurable difference between the two nibs, as well as the feed. The Jr Gent is definetely a much nicer pen as to the quality of the actual working parts.
That said, I still do like the other hardware on the Majestic Jr better for appearance, not quality.

Jerry

dexter0606

Just my humble opinion but I don't find the crystal "ridiculous" or "cheesy". It's important to use a material that enhances the pen kit.
I've only made two majestics, one in deer antler and the other in amboyna but I think they're beautiful pens.
The one major drawback I find to the majestic is the size. Not many people are drawn to a pen that size unless they want it for self defence!
I actually had a customer that decided against the majestic because it wasn't postable. Imagine the balance on that pen if it was!

Jeff

jmiket91

I love the Majestics. They're easy to assemble and all of that stuff, just make sure you're careful when you're drilling. The hole for the short tube is so big that if you get it off center, it's very easy to crack the blank while turning. Other than that, it's the perfect kit for your swankier clients. I turned a few for some people this past Christmas and they loved them.

jttheclockman

Wow I guess it is like any other kits there are those that like and those that don't. I think I will be ordering one of the Majestic jrs because I am ordering the charm kits that just come in again. Will have to see for myself. I like the bling on it in the photo and was just wondering if there was issues with putting together.

I talked to Ernie a few weeks ago when I placed an order and he was very excited about a new flock of pens he will be getting in probably around March. So there maybe some new bling hitting the market from the Berrea line.

It is a great pen. Solid, Good weight. If you like easy to put together, there are only a few parts to press in. $25.00 ain`t bad and it looks damn good.
i place it 2nd only to the Nouvoue sceptre.

Mapster

Never as cleanly cut as the statesmans and definitely go with a junior. Postable cap is overrated though, it makes the pen awkward to write with.

Mark

I've made several Majestic FP's (PSI). Sold two, gave two as gifts. I've made many more Majestic Jr's in both RB and FP. They all were requested and I've not heard any bad response as to the quality of the nib. I suppose I haven't encountered the "collector" that knows FP's..

I like the Navigator (WC), but the Majestic Jr is my go to RB/FP of that class (if you will). I prefer to stay with styles where I can swap RB to FP hardware as an upgrade. :)

Chasper

The Majestic Jr is a postable cap, the Jr Emperor is not postable. The more serious FP buyers don't normally want a postable cap, but they don't rule it out entirely. I've sold both the Majestic and Majestic Jr to the most serious of FP collectors.

You will need to change out the nib on either. It is a reasonably good writing nib, and the wording on the nib says "Iridium Point Germany" but the serious FP person will not be fooled. To the best of my knowledge it is a Dayacom nib and it is made in China like all the other Dayacom nibs and components.

In my opinion the threads on the finial and Swarovski Crystal detract to the overall appearance, but my opinion if of no value, my customers seem to like them.

moke

I have a very wealthy friend that enjoys buying and giving away my pens. He loves Maj Jr and all the Noueavo's. He even gave one to Franck Mueller a French watch maker for the ultra rich. (Google him) I looked in his catalog and he actually distributes Mont Blanc type pens. His pens too, were kind of goudy, so I didn't feel so bad. My point is, I am not into the independant artist thing, if someone is buying, and I can make them, why not?
Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have a very wealthy friend that enjoys buying and giving away my pens. He loves Maj Jr and all the Noueavo's. He even gave one to Franck Mueller a French watch maker for the ultra rich. (Google him) I looked in his catalog and he actually distributes Mont Blanc type pens. His pens too, were kind of goudy, so I didn't feel so bad. My point is, I am not into the independant artist thing, if someone is buying, and I can make them, why not?
Mike

Why---- you----- "money grabbing CAPITALIST!!!"

(We would get along REALLY well!!)

moke

Why---- you----- "money grabbing CAPITALIST!!!"

(We would get along REALLY well!!)[/quote]

GUILTY :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Moke

Top Bottom