Magnolia pods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

Was over at the university today and noticed a magnolia pod laying on the ground, mental note to grab a few on the way out. Plum forgot to. DOH!

Well, has anyone tried turning a magnolia pod? Are the centers solid enough?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

We have several large magnolias in our yard, the biggest one right next to our pool. Never thought about turning one of the seed pods. By the time I rake up all those big leaves and pods, plus twisting my ankle stepping on the pods that land on my decks, I really don't want any part of the tree in my shop except maybe the trunks as I prepare to turn it into bowls or something![}:)]

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by woodwish
<br />We have several large magnolias in our yard, the biggest one right next to our pool. Never thought about turning one of the seed pods. By the time I rake up all those big leaves and pods, plus twisting my ankle stepping on the pods that land on my decks, I really don't want any part of the tree in my shop except maybe the trunks as I prepare to turn it into bowls or something![}:)]

Nice being next to the pool, huh? I've had a hose stopped up a time or two vacuuming those things out of a pool[:D] I don't know how they would turn. There would be some BIG voids due to the BIG red seeds in them.

When one of you that have acess to the pods do it, please post photo. The wood working supply sources and a few on here sell those Banksia (sp?) pods and they have somewhat the same look about them.

This may be the new "corn cob".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom