magnifying lens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wfsteadman

Folks,
Do any of you use the lighted magnifying glasses to help with the fine work of turning pens and if so can you make a recommendation as to the one you use?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

I use a magnifying headset. I can not say enough good things about the Donegan optivisor. It is made in the US. While they have offer plastic lenses, the glass is really clear and worth the extra few dollars. They offer a variety of magnifications, I prefer 1.75x.

I also have a vintage magnifier lamp I restored and use at the bench:

Attachments

• luxo.jpg
    luxo.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 105

TonyL

Rockler has/had an LED one on sales for $49. I own that and some mentioned above.

SteveG

I have two of these lighted magnifier units, and strongly recommend them, especially due to the "clamp on" feature, which allows me to use the unit wherever it might be useful. The light works well. Low price! (Note: nice unit, but replace the cheap AAA batts right away, as they start leaking battery goo fairly soon!)

Large Lens Lighted Lamp Top Desk Magnifier Magnifying Glass With Clamp LED Light

MTViper

To start with, I turn under a 500 watt work light. Helps with vision and keeps me warm through these cool Texas summers. Then I add my prescription safety glasses. Those help too.

If I need more at the lathe, I use a Magnifier Head Strap from HF: Magnifier Head Strap With Lights . Works well for close up work.

If I need more light at the work bench, I use my Rocker Magnifying LED Work Light: Magnifying LED Work Light | Rockler Woodworking & Hardware as was mentioned above. If you watch the sales, it's on sale for $49.99 often.

Top Bottom