a magnetic pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi
Ive been trying to make a pen cast with iron fillings cast in clear resin and create a magnetic field inside the tube to try and get the facinating iron filling mountains and valleys and shapes of the fillings has anyone ever tried
Thanks for looking I am just a hobby woodturner but I like to see all your pens they are awesome sheer art
wullie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Robert Taylor

how about a metal rod through the tube, then magnets on the ends. if the filings stand up as predicted, hit them with ca then cast in clear resin. i don't think the blank would stay magnetic, but then magnets can be bad around credit cards, geek sticks and other electronics.

aggromere

Or make them loose in a clear tube so they change patterns. If you are really old like me you will remember the picture of the bald headed guy under plastic with iron filings that you moved around with a magnet to make his hair.

Snorton20

Don't forget pacemakers. I have one and magnets aren't very good around it.

how about a metal rod through the tube, then magnets on the ends. if the filings stand up as predicted, hit them with ca then cast in clear resin. i don't think the blank would stay magnetic, but then magnets can be bad around credit cards, geek sticks and other electronics.

Hi again thanks for replying sorry if Ive misled you but I dont want the pen to be magnet I want the iron fillings to stand out like 3D effect when the finished cast
Cheers
wullie

Top Bottom