Magnetic Graduate Rollerball Issues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fibonacci

I have done a couple of the magnetic graduate rollerballs and had both fail in the same way. I am wondering if it is just me or if other people have the same issue.

The body has a couple pressed into each end with the nib screwing into one and the post screwing into the other. After a couple weeks of use, both of them had the post coupler come apart. Instead of the coupler being a single piece with the press fit OD and the threaded ID, the threads are pressed/glued into the rest of the coupler. That glue bond broke and the threads slid out, still attached to the post.

I fixed them with epoxy, we will see how long that lasts. Any better ideas on this? Have others experienced this?

I like the graduates better than the Zen because the body and the cap can match, but if the graduates are going to come apart, I can't really use them.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rhorne

Graduate

I have had the same problem early on. I have been doing these for a couple of mths. But I only had the one to fail. I used 5 minute epoxy on it and have not had any problems.

RHorne

Fibonacci

I have not had any issue with the FP either, but it is not constantly putting pressure on the post.

I agree, it LOOKS like one piece. I had no idea that the threads were an insert until I had the first one come back. If it comes back again, I will take a picture of where it came apart.

Top Bottom