Made in USA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kenlholley

Who sells ball point pen kits made in the USA. I have been making pens for just over two years and I think I am ready to make the jump from the Taiwan made kits.

I would still like to keep the kit cost reasonable so my pen costs would not have to increase too much. I understand the quality determines the price, you get what you pay for. What are some good kits you all have made and where did you get them?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Laserlinez (definitely)
Lazerlinez: Pen Inlay Kits
Smitty's Pen Works
CS010SS - SPW AMERICAN LIBERTY at Smitty's Pen Works

I don't know of any others, but I would think they are out there.
You can also convert some, but not all, rollerballs kits to ball points with a small converter attachment.

Don't get me wrong. I love the USA kits, but I also like the higher-end non-USA kits that almost all, if not all, of our IAP suppliers sell.

RedBeard

It's my understanding that the Lazer Line kits aren't 100% USA made as they use a twist mechanism from Taiwan according to their web site. Splitting hairs maybe but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a ball point kit that is 100% Made in the USA if that is in fact what you are looking for.

robertkulp

SignaturePenSupply.com also carries some of the Lazerlinez pens. I've ordered from both and they each ship very quickly and have great customer service.

magpens

smittyspenworks also has a version of the stainless steel Liberty pen kit developed by Lazerlinez and made in USA.

As Redbeard said, you will be hard-pressed to find a pen kit that is 100% made in USA ... the twist mechanism and the refill will almost certainly be offshore.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
smittyspenworks also has a version of the stainless steel Liberty pen kit developed by Lazerlinez and made in USA.

As Redbeard said, you will be hard-pressed to find a pen kit that is 100% made in USA ... the twist mechanism and the refill will almost certainly be offshore.
Agreed, you will really have to look hard to find refills made in USA - even a number of the USA brands are made overseas. I'd look for mostly domestic content - I think you'd also be hard pressed to find twist mechanisms made in USA. You'll find two barrel rollerball kits will likely have fewer off shore parts because they don't involve a mechanism to operate them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom