Made one mistake..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Well, finally got time to turn some pens. A spalted something, a dyed blue maple burl (both chrome American flat tops) and a slim line pen from some blue swirly bowling ball blanks off a ball I got at a garage sale. Now for the mistake.

I didn't take any pictures.[V] I know, I know. Fifty lashes with..... something.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikeharvey

Hey Paul
Tell us a little about your bowling ball pens... how did you streaten the pieces... how did the matereal turn for you... any tips?
what kind of finish did you use? Did you us Micro Mesh on them... how did you get them smooth without melting them?

Big Mike
SW Indiana

elody21

Originally posted by mikeharvey
<br />Hey Paul
Tell us a little about your bowling ball pens... how did you streaten the pieces... how did the matereal turn for you... any tips?
what kind of finish did you use? Did you us Micro Mesh on them... how did you get them smooth without melting them?

Big Mike
SW Indiana
Check the articles on the front page under full article list. I wrote one on cutting bowling balls along with pictures

PenWorks

I can't believe you make me come hear to look at your pens to find out I'm looking at vapor pens [xx(] Another 50 lashes [:D] Glad you did make it back to the shop.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by penworks
<br />I can't believe you make me come hear to look at your pens to find out I'm looking at vapor pens [xx(] Another 50 lashes [:D] Glad you did make it back to the shop.
The bowling ball pen blanks were straightened like the home page article. The material seemed very brittle when turning. Had to be careful near finish size. Very lightly sanded starting with 400 grit, went to 1200 wet sanding.(I still don't do Micro mesh[:D])
I'll have to work on those vapor pens, could be interesting[:D] Good news is that I had donated the pens for a silent auction fund raiser for a mission trip for the youth at church. Heard they went for at or over $40 each!

I have four pens to make this week, I'll remember to break out the camera this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom