Made my first sale.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brandon25

Took all the pens I've made to date, which is only about 20, to a woodworking friend's house last night just to show him what I'd been making lately. I was very surprised when he asked to buy six of them on the spot. I got a hundred bucks for six basic slimlines, and this means I've finally begun what will hopefully be a trend of paying for my hobby with it's own income. I'm quite pleased. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Oh man!!!!! Your hooked now.

It is a good feeling isn't it. Kind of like the American dream. I know your head is already spinning with all the neat tools and pen related stuff your going to buy.

Brandon25

Oh yeah. I took someone's advice here and just placed a $130 order to Arizona Silhouette. I'm also getting a 4-jaw chuck and 5/8" bowl gouge for bowlturning (obviously).

I meant to mention the friend is hooking me up with an order from HIS friend that will be sold for a total of about $200 for five total pens. Sierras, Barons, etc.

Skye

Yeah, a lot of people just turn and give their stuff away. I give 90% of my stuff away, which is why I don't have enough stuff to open an online store. One day though.... one day.

It's not really important to a lot of turners to sell stuff, but there's no denying that it's a good feeling knowing someone is willing to pay good money for something you made.

woody350ep

<====also following you from board to board, quit bragging.........lol j/k

its great that you sold some pens, but you need to let me try out that chuck first, I wouldn't want you to get hurt by something new..................

rcflyer23

My dad and I just sold a pair of Wall Street II's to one of his customers from his day to day. I would love to be able to pay for the hobby through sales.

Skye

Going to Vegas? I hope you went ahead and turned a dozen of those sierras with the hearts-diamonds-clubs-spades around the bands. Come on man, tell me you did!

Ligget

Congratulations on the sale, it is a good feeling. :highfive:

I give most of what I make away either as a gift or only charge what it cost me to make it. :)

tbroye

I sold 10 pens for $300 last weekend. It was a good feeling to be able to use the money for more stuff for the hobby. Like you it was a neighbor haven't really tried to go out and sell at a show but I am going to give a shot at one of local craft shows put on by the Egales next month.

Top Bottom