Made my first pen sales today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gcurran

:D:D:D
A feeling just like when your kids leave home! I sold 8 pens today (my first sales) and it was a feeling similar to when the kids left. I felt good about them leaving but sad that they were gone.

Now I need to get busy and make more!!! Up until today, the only pens that left where ones that I gave away for special reasons. A good feeling but strange just the same.

Looking forward to having these feeling many more times in the near future.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

C. Scott

George,

Congrats on the first of many sales. I know how you feel. When you put work into the pens it's like a piece of you is leaving. It's funny, even after the pen is sold it's still "your pen" because YOU made it. ;)

JohnU

Congratulations George and many to come. I remember my first sale that turned into a nightmare. I made my first few for my wife to get practice. She showed a few people at work so they asked me for one. Not thinking my work was good enough to be selling yet, I offered to do them for $5 each (They were slimline and I didn't have very much invested.) Little did I know a few people turned into about 100 pens. Needless to say, I got plenty of practice and not much money for my time but it was still rewarding because someone actually wanted them. I still doubt myself and wonder why anyone would pay for my pen when I would gladly show them how to make one, but I guess you have to love it to keep doing it. Keep it fun!

Way to go George,

I think the hook is Set now eh!

You are a quick study....I am very happy for you that the pen side of the shop is doing well, BE warned...it soon will consume you!!!

[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

Daddy1

Jim is right. This started out as a hobby for me too and now 1/2 my garage and part of my basement are over run with pen turning stuff.

WOW!!! How it consumes you but it is a great ride [:0]

marionquill

Congrats on your sale!!

My first "real" sale scared me to death - I'm still worried they'll come back and say it's aweful or something. But it was a really nice cocobolo fountain pen...it was hard to watch it go but with the sale, I was able to buy several more kits and wood [:p]

Jason

Top Bottom