Machining error?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I'm surprised I didn't notice this earlier. I've never seen a problem like this before.

I'm thinking I should contact the manufacturer rather than the reseller I purchased it from? Not sure. It's a magnetic vertex.

Attachments

• image-2249893688.jpg
    image-2249893688.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

Saw your review on this product at the vendors site. Looks like a machining error to me, but was wondering why you wouldn't go to the reseller instead of the manufacturer? I would think the reseller would part out another kit and send you a good replacement part. Just curious:cool:

Dan Masshardt

Saw your review on this product at the vendors site. Looks like a machining error to me, but was wondering why you wouldn't go to the reseller instead of the manufacturer? I would think the reseller would part out another kit and send you a good replacement part. Just curious:cool:

I'm not sure which direction to go. Partially why I asked.

I've made many of these with positive results (hence positive review) and assume this is a rare mistake.

The reseller because...

The voice of a small purchaser is weak.

The voice of the reseller is strong, supplier more inclined to listen, due to resellers volume of purchases.

Plainly put-- money talks.

With all due respect.

Charlie

HamTurns

It looks like a manufacturing error.

I think you should contact whoever you paid money to for the kit, otherwise there is traceability back to you.

Happy Turning
Tom

gimpy

I would let the reseller know, after all, he will more than likely be getting a few more inquirers, and would be able to tell the manfg. that he has had xx number of complaints, let the reseller handle it

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We will be happy to handle it for you Dan!!

One of the reasons you might choose a reseller is to secure better customer service, after the sale (as well as quicker shipping of the initial order).

Your logic is correct, we did NOT make the part, so the error lies with the manufacturer. But, PSI didn't make it either. I'm fairly certain you would not want to deal with the actual "maker" ---they are not very receptive to problems.

A replacement will be in the mail today (well tomorrow---federal holiday today)

Ed

Top Bottom