Maca Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitshird

Today I turned some Maca wood, this stuff is supposed to be about the third or fourth hardest wood known, I found a turning site in OZ that had some information on it,
Some call it Queensland Iron wood, or Amazon Rosewood and another name was Red Ebony, What ever it's called, it’s HARD..
It's a beautiful wood, sort of has a Cinnamon smell when cutting it.
I cut about 8 pieces on a bias and there are two chatoyant bands on each barrel.
I coated it with BLO, and wondered if I should let it dry for a couple days before I put on the CA
Ken Ferrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

I always give BLO treated wood a few days to dry even though some say you do not need to.

BTW, Ken... Do you know that when you screen name pops up, it always reads bird*** in my minds eye??? No offence by that, but I just read it like that when ever I see it. [:I]

bitshird

I got that name from an old chief petty officer with whom I shared many bottles of San Miguel and other fine beers,, of course several letters have been transposed to protect the sensibilities of the fairer ones. The name stuck, and I think the anagram is an apt description to which I have tried to live up to
Ken Ferrell

bitshird

I couldn't figure why such a bequtiful wood was so cheap, I found out, It ripped teeh out of a 49 tooh carbgide blade, I squared the ends at school on a 24 9nch bandsaw and by backing the oieces they cut well, but had one chio at the end while turning. I post pics as soon as I get the pen done,
Ken Ferrell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom