Lucite Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

so far since i've been in this forum, i've heard of many different materials used in making pen and such. and now someone goes and adds another. i've heard of lucite but not aware of it's properties. why are you wanting to use lucite?
i'm just the curious type.

its_virgil

Because we can. Because it's available.[:D][;)][:D][;)] For the same reason we turn corncobs, snakeskins blanks, aluminum, other plastics, hard rubber, pine cones, and other unique, turnable, and beautiful materials. But, I think the one quality or property that makes lucite a quality pen blank is this: Most of the colors are just drop dead gorgeous. Take a look at Anthony Turchetta's ,aka Penworks, album and take a look at pens made from lucite...especially the amber ripple. There may be others who've made several pens from the lucite, but Anthony is the one who popped into my mind.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by hughbie
<br /> i've heard of lucite but not aware of it's properties. why are you wanting to use lucite?
i'm just the curious type.

gerryr

I agree with what Don said, but would add that no one synthetic covers the gamut of what is possible in colors or how the colors are blended, layered, etc. There are colors available in Lucite that are just not available in anything else, just like there are colors available in Tru Stone that are not available in any other material. If someone comes up with some new material that offers colors that aren't available elsewhere, we will no doubt use that also.

PenWorks

I was turned onto lucite by "pipemaker" I wanted to make some pipes. Lucite & ebonite are materials used for stem making in pipes. Well they make damn nice pens as well. Also perfect material for those that like to chew on their pens [:D]

PenWorks

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Anthony, have you ever thought about making a combination pen and pipe?[:D]

No, [:p] but OFF the record, I did make a nice combo. It was an order for a combo pen/stash carrier [:)]

I am still working on with a gunsmith to put a .22 barrel in a statesmen [:0] In lucite of course [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom