Lou's Nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Ok, so I'd like to throw in a plug for someone I have never met for a product of theirs that I have never used...
I have seen a few posts about Lou's nibs discussing the quality, the custom look, should they be used, not used, etc.
I live in Northern VA and took a quick trip up to Bethesda, MD to Bertram's Inkwell to pick up a few bottles of ink. I'm fairly new to fountain pens and wanted to try some Private Reserve ink. Anyway, while there I was browsing all of the pens they had in the display cases and as my eyes passed one I took a double take because it looked so familiar. After staring at it for a minute I realized it was a Majestic! "Cool!" I thought to myself. As I looked at it, I realized that it also had one of Lou's nibs. It really did make a difference on how the pen looked. It was a very finely crafted pen as it is, but that nib really made it look "special". It was my first time seeing one of those nibs in person and I was really impressed with the look. The pen was made by Alan Shaw, by the way. I'm not sure if he's a member on here. Anyway, as I said, I have not used any of Lou's nibs yet, so I have no idea how they write, but I'm about to go send him a PM and purchase some from him so I can give my pens that extra special custom look too...

OKLAHOMAN

Jeremy, Alan is indeed a member here (ashaw) and has made some fantastic pens. BTW not only do the flex steel and gold nibs that Lou Metcalf sells make a pen look first class they make it write first class.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Jeremy, Alan is indeed a member here (ashaw) and has made some fantastic pens. BTW not only do the flex steel and gold nibs that Lou Metcalf sells make a pen look first class they make it write first class.

What Roy said. A customer just bragged to me this week about how smooth his pen wrote and it has a nib from Lou.

Top Bottom