Lotus on sale at Craft

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
yes, it looks like they won't be carrying that anymore. don't quote me on that.

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Jeff Powell, reporting from the IAP Utah News Bureau, states the CSUSA is discontinuing the Lotus kit line. Quoting unnamed industry sources, Jeff has set the pen kit industry abuzz with this breaking news!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Texatdurango

Attachments

• lotus1.jpg
    lotus1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 180

GouletPens

too bad the rollerball looks so phallic....otherwise it's an alright pen. I do kinda like the fountain. But ehh....there are plently of other good looking pens I like better. Even at the closeout price it's a lot to pay.

jkeithrussell

Not to hijack your thread, but I've been waiting for a chance to buy a couple of Rho/22k Jr. Statesman kits (FP) for an eternity, but they are always out of stock. Anyone know whether those are ever coming back?

Last edited:

Kaspar

You could always call them and ask. That's what I usually do. The rollerballs are in. I believe the Fountains are due in mid-Novermber.

The Lotus was always "too much". Perhaps I ought to pick one up for posterity. Hmmm ....

Kaspar

Hmmm, they're all out of the gold kits of both types.

Anyone got a Gold Lotus Fountain kit they want to sell?

I've finally learned how to take care of and use a fountain pen, and I wouldn't having one of those in my private collection.

workinforwood

NEWS FLASH!!!!

Jeff Powell, reporting from the IAP Utah News Bureau, states the CSUSA is discontinuing the Lotus kit line. Quoting unnamed industry sources, Jeff has set the pen kit industry abuzz with this breaking news!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

what rhyme's with bass and gets really pucker'd??? That's my thoughts of you right now CAV! :wink:

bitshird

I wondered why they weren't listed in the new catalog I got a couple of days ago, I guess we're going to be stuck with the Emperor and the Imperial for large high end pen kits.

Texatdurango

What surprised me was that by looking at the Lotus with it's longer end pieces and extra lower center band, I thought it would be much heavier than the emperor but it's actually lighter, 80grams compared to the emperor's 87 grams.

Kaspar

One of the people I talked to at CS-USA said that the most expensive of the high end kits are actually a pretty hard sell. Her opinion was that people don't want to risk that much money on something they're afraid they'll mess up. I don't think the straight out, kit-and-blank pens are all that scary, but that's what she said.

bitshird

One of the people I talked to at CS-USA said that the most expensive of the high end kits are actually a pretty hard sell. Her opinion was that people don't want to risk that much money on something they're afraid they'll mess up. I don't think the straight out, kit-and-blank pens are all that scary, but that's what she said.

That's strange, a Lotus was the first high end kit I turned, I even did it on my Jet metal lathe, since I hadn't got my wood lathe yet, I guess I'll pull the one from stock I have left, and keep it for posterity, I like the gold kits, but I just don't think much of the black Ti. although I could convert this Roller Ball I have to a fountain by changing the front sections.

GouletPens

It's not that they're hard to make, actually they're easier to make than a euro twist, IMHO. The only thing is that b/c the kits are so expensive they're slower to move, which means a whole lot is tied up in inventory. Inventory is what's killing manufacturing businesses of all type right now.

Kaspar

Well, I was simply reporting what was said by some one who takes a lot of calls up there and has probably talked to numerous customers. But yes, slow moving inventory will hurt anyone at this time.

Munsterlander

Thanks for the tip - hadn't ever tried these because they were so pricey.

BTW, they are also closing out the Ligero - still have the rhodium and 10K. I went ahead and ordered 4 for the heck of it - anybody love or hate these kits?

Top Bottom