Lost the &%$# Spring again!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
So I just made a couple of FT American RB- but in the process I dropped the spring. AAARRRGGGHHHH! :mad:

So I was thinking that once the pen left my hands and put into the customer's- what's to stop them from doing the same thing?

Now I stole a spring from another kit I had- but hopefully the customer doesn't have that luxury...

Would it be possible to Thick/Medium CA the spring in the bottom?

Thoughts?

Thx!

-Doug

Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GouletPens

It happens to everyone. Someone on here has springs for sale, the name escapes me but I know I've seen them for sale. Every single pen made out there in the world has unattached springs. It's a fact of life. No one can hold you responsible for a defective product by NOT permanently attaching a spring into your pens. Besides, if they need another one and happen to remember who you even are, they'll probably give you more business after contacting you for another spring! Props for wanting to tackle this issue, but your efforts are better suited on making new pens, imho.

hrigg

A few of the kits...I don't remember if that's one of them...suggest dropping a little silicone adhesive into the end before you put in the spring. I think it's nicer to not have to worry about the spring falling out, than it is to wonder if the customer can get it replaced.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
The springs in the Jr. Gents and Jr, Statesman are in there pretty well and don't fall out. The rest are a pain in the a*s but can be replaced by some guitar string or thin wire that is twisted into a spring shape.

Fred

I always slightly spread the end of the spring until it fits tightly against the sides and then push it down with a punch until it bottoms out. Releasing the punch and the spring resumes shape and stays where I put it. Simple solution for me and I have yet to have one fall out!

Russianwolf

If the finial is one piece (straight sides all the way), then yeah, I'd glue it in with something. The Baron/Sedona are two piece finials so th spring snaps in once it's assembled. Although preassembled, the Jr series are the same way I believe.

diamundgem

I just had to ad my 2 cents to this thread. I have lost springs many times and just made a comment to a friend yesterday asking if there isn't someone who sell springs %*#@@***

Top Bottom