Loose transmission on slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

snyiper

I did a search and they seemed to be about actual fit of trans in the tube. Mine is a little different the fit is fine but when you write the pen retracts itself like the trans is too smooth, is that possible? You can push on the tip slightly and watch the top turn as it retracts....any fixes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To replace tranny, take out refill, put punch through refill hole and knowck off pen tip. THEN take larger punch and knockout tranny.

Test new tranny BEFORE putting it in pen, some of them are bad.

DurocShark

Many trannys can be fixed soaking in a plastic-friendly solvent like DNA. The grease they use gunks up and sometimes keeps the transmission from "bumping" at the end of the travel.

bitshird

Many trannys can be fixed soaking in a plastic-friendly solvent like DNA. The grease they use gunks up and sometimes keeps the transmission from "bumping" at the end of the travel.

Don, I've found just the opposite, cleaning off the gunk grease seems to allow the pen to automatically retract. It does make the tranny work much smoother, but I've wound up replacing all of them I cleaned because the writing nib would auto retract while writing, even worse if the owner was heavy handed.

Top Bottom